Planet holidays Rhodes new TV programme airs 06 July
Posted in Wedding Venues on July 22, 2015
PLANET HOLIDAYS NEW TV PROGRAMME AIRS 06 JULY ON RHODES
1 hour programme dedicated to stunning wedding & honeymoon venues
PLANET HOLIDAYS (0871 871 0405 www.planetweddings.co.uk) continue their successful wedding TV series with a new one hour show dedicated to weddings in Rhodes airing on Wedding TV and online atwww.weddingtv.com from 06 July 2011.
Anyone who is considering getting married on the Greek island of Rhodes, which boasts t 300 days of sunshine a year, should make sure that they tune in to a new show that promises to highlight the most romantic venues on the island for tying the knot.
The programme will be showcasing some of the luxurious 4 and 5 star hotels that Plant Holidays use to hold their weddings. There are several new venues for this year, including one which has its own river running through it. There are another two more unusual venues that are steeped in history; The Monastery at Filerimos and the simply stunning Kalithea Spa. A traditional Greek taverna is even an option.
A Rhodes wedding through Planet holidays costs, on average, only £750 for a simple package and your licence. Weddings can be organised within 12 weeks of booking, unlike certain venues in the UK which you sometimes have to book years in advance.
Couples will be able to see footage from the following properties in Rhodes where civil wedding ceremonies can be performed:
• Aqua Grand Exclusive Deluxe Resort – a new 5 star beachfront hotel 1.5kms from Lindos that offers beach weddings and weddings in the gazebo overlooking the bay where the Guns of Navarone were filmed.
• White washed church of St Pauls and St George – a picture postcard location for a traditional church wedding in the pretty town of Lindos
• Rodos Palace Hotel – a 5 star hotel in Ixia, 4kms from Rhodes Town that has its own chapel for couples wanting a traditional church wedding or offers a variety of locations within the grounds for a civil ceremony.
• Filerimos Monastery & the Kalithea Spa – two unique and picturesque venues for couples looking for something a little bit different. The 15th century Monastery of Filerimos is located 10kms form Rhodes Town in a tranquil hillside location. Ceremonies are performed in the grounds.
The Spa features some impressive Italian style architecture from the 1920s and the legendary spa was famous in ancient times for its healing water that came from the rocks surrounding the Bay of Kallithea. The building also features an impressive 14 metre high dome.m
• Aldemar Paradise Royal – also in Kalithea this 5 star is a new wedding venue for this year where civil ceremonies can be performed overlooking the sea or by their pretty chapel in the grounds. This is a great choice for those looking for a family orientated hotel on an all-inclusive basis.
• Blue Sea Beach Resort – a 4 star hotel that is also great for families, located 2.5km outside of the lively resort of Faliraki on its own huge stretch of beach. This venue is new for the wedding programme this year and can also be booked on an all-inclusive basis or half board.
• La Marquise Luxury Resort Complex – another new venue, this 5 star hotel is located in a hillside scenic area of Kalithea and features a fantastic range of accommodation spread over 120,000 square metres, plus a lovely modern pool and a rooftop pool. Couples receive a complimentary bottle of French champagne to celebrate their big day.
• The Dolphin Taverna – this typical Greek taverna is ideal for couples that want a more authentic Greek experience. It’s located in Lindos that is increasingly becoming the popular choice of location for weddings.
• Lindian Village – this stunning luxury 5 star property offers idyllic surroundings on the beautiful beach of Lardos on the south-eastern tip of Rhodes and uniquely has a river running through the grounds with an island where couples can tie the knot.
As well as a tour around these locations the programme also features a couple giving their reasons for choosing Rhodes as the place to get married. They said the island offers amazing value for the standard of accommodation, with views to live for and an amazing turquoise sea, reminiscent of the Caribbean – but much closer!
After a recce to the island to see what was available they chose the Aqua Grand for their wedding later this summer for its fabulous location and sea front private pool area.
Mathilde Robert, managing director of Planet Holidays said: “Couples love Rhodes for exactly the reason the couple featured in the programme suggest – it has a stunning turquoise sea – that makes an excellent backdrop to any wedding photos, plus the standard of venues is very high for the price.
“Planet Holidays takes great pride in taking care of all the arrangements for the couple from the translation of the paperwork to liaising with the wedding venue, from organising the flowers to choosing the food and wine. Personal service and attention to detail is what really counts. Couples can rely on us to get their big day right from start to finish.”